FS6060 - International Finance (2017/18)
|Module specification||Module approved to run in 2017/18|
|Module title||International Finance|
|Module level||Honours (06)|
|Credit rating for module||15|
|School||London Metropolitan Business School|
|Total study hours||150|
|Running in 2017/18||No instances running in the year|
This module focuses on the International Financial system in particular markets, instruments and decisions.
1. An understanding of the framework within which international business decisions are taken.
2. To provide a detailed examination of specific international business decision areas.
• The International Financial Environment
• Exchange Rate Behaviour
• Exchange Rate Risk Management
• Long-Term Asset and Liability Management
• Short-Term Asset and Liability Management
Learning and teaching
There will be a 2 hour lecture and a one hour tutorial. Students are also welcome to see the lecturer during office hours for additional help, if required.
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Analyse and apply fundamentals of international working capital management.
2. Evaluate the motives underlying foreign investment decision making.
3. Calculate the effects of using different foreign exchange financial products and strategies.
4. Assess and explain the major factors that influence the international business and financial environment.
Formative assessment will take place on a weekly basis in tutorials to develop analytical and problem solving skills. Formative assessment will take place in week 11. Summative assessment will take place in week 14 with a three hour unseen exam
• Madura J. and Fox , R. (2011) ‘International Financial Management’ , Cengage learning
• Shapiro A.C. (2009) ‘Multinational Financial Management’, Wiley
• Eiteman D.K., Stonehill A.I., Moffett M.H. (2009) ‘Multinational Business Finance’, Pearson
• Valdez, S. and Molyneux, P. (2010) ‘An introduction to Global Financial Markets’